TWU has 5 innovative programs focused on supporting Indigenous women, families, and communities:
An organization that provides specific services to communities of color in the United States.
The MSU Center for Services offers the following services:
- Individual and group counseling,
- Survivor workshops
- Healing through Yoga
- Advocacy(personal, medical, criminal justice, legal, & institutional),
- 24/7 Sexual Assault Forensic Exams by trained on-site Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners
- 24/7 Sexual Assault hotline
- Crisis Chat
MSU Center for Survivors Mission Statement We believe in the strength and resiliency of all people impacted by sexual violence. We stand with survivors against all forms of social injustice by promoting individual healing and building an empowered, inclusive community.
Programs at Center for Survivors We are honored to provide a wide array of services to survivors of sexual assault and the community.
We believe in the dignity and worth of all survivors and strive to provide trauma-informed, survivor centered, and culturally competent services to all survivors of sexual assault.
We understand that healing can come in many forms and are hopeful that you will find a service at the Center that helps you on the healing journey. Website: centerforsurvivors.msu.edu
Tewa Women United envisions movement(s) rooted in P’in Haa (Breath of Heart/Life) and P’in Nall (Touching Heart and Spirit) that nurture and celebrate the collective power of beloved families, communities, and Nung Ochuu Quiyo (Earth Mother).
A community-based organization dedicated to advancing the health, empowerment, and solidarity of persons of South Asian origin in Southern California.
SAN offers the following services for domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, child sexual abuse, human trafficking, and elder abuse:
- Safety planning for survivors and their children
- Case management and advocacy including shelter placement, court accompaniment, access to public benefits and financial literacy
- Counseling and emotional support for survivors and their children
- Access to legal assistance in the areas of family and immigration law
- Parenting classes
- Teen dating violence prevention workshops
- Children’s art workshops
- Groups for young women being pressured into marriage
- Community workshops to raise awareness about domestic violence and child abuse and the resources available
- Prevention workshops and activities in collaboration with religious and community leaders