Manavi provides a unique blend of culturally specific support services and intervention methods through Western advocacy practices and linguistically traditional techniques. As a direct service provider, social change agent and diversity trainer in the mainstream movement to end violence against women, Manavi simultaneously addresses both the immediate needs of women facing abuse and the long-term vision of establishing peaceful communities free from gender-based violence.
Manavi offers culturally specific and linguistically accessible services to survivors of violence. Manavi believes in centralizing the services women need to be empowered.
The services we provide include but are not limited to the following:
- Crisis intervention and Advocacy (Project Raahat)
- Culture specific counseling (Project Sabala)
- Court and medical accompaniment
- Women’s support group
- Legal clinic and referrals (Project Insaaf)
- Immigration relief and gender asylum (Project Zamin)
- Interpreter services
- Economic Empowerment (Project Samarth)
- Safe home (Project Ashiana)
- Transportation as needed
- Outreach and education (Project Rokeya)
- Training and technical assistance