- Free Legal Services
- Legal Training
- Technical Assistance
The National Center for Rural Law Enforcement provides training, curriculum, trends updates, and technical assistance to law enforcement agencies in rural areas nationally. Technical assistance related to Rural Sexual Assault Curriculum Development is a current project of this organization.
The National District Attorneys Association's National Center for the Prosecution of Violence Against Women (NCPVAW) exists to serve prosecutors, members of the prosecution team and other allied professionals as they strive to deliver justice to all survivors of domestic violence / dating violence, sexual violence, and stalking and to hold criminals accountable. We all know that in reality domestic violence does not discriminate in selecting its victims from among members of our families, communities, schools, places of worship and places of work; the places in our world that should be safe from violence. While we are painfully aware that anyone can be a victim of domestic violence irrespective of age, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, or economic status, studies do support the fact that the majority of the victims are females who are unfortunately abused by their male or female partners. We do not, nonetheless, overlook men who may be victims of these acts of violence by their male or female partners. Although these studies and statistics may be complex our mission is straight forward: to spread education and awareness to ensure that men and women work collaboratively to end the devastating impact caused by domestic violence to all victims.
· We host national training events, the Prosecuting Sexual Assault Cases Course.
· We can design and provide hands-on trial advocacy training geared towards developing and fine tuning litigation skills for prosecutors who handle sex crimes and domestic violence / dating violence and stalking cases.
· We provide training at state and local conferences on subjects that are relevant to the jurisdictions, expertly delivered by experienced and tested trial and appellate prosecutors as well as scientific and medical experts.
· We design and conduct multi-day state and local trainings, in consultation with our hosts, to address the needs expressed by the jurisdiction and audience type.
· We provide resources on topics relevant to the prosecution of sexual assault, domestic violence, domestic violence in late life, dating violence, stalking and cyber stalking.
This organization trains and coaches community teams in designing, implementing, and evaluating their customized response to sexual violence. Technical assistance is available to GTEAP, Rural, or STOP grantees at no cost.
This organization works to improve the way systems and services respond to violence against Indian women. They work to improve safety for Native women who experience battering, sexual assault, and stalking by assisting tribes through training, technical assistance, and resource material specifically addressing violence against American Indian/Alaskan Native women.
The mission of 1in6 is to help men who have had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences in live healthier, happier lives. 1in6's mission also includes serving family members, friends, partners, and service providers by providing information and support resources on the web and in the community.
1in6 offers a wide range of information and services for men with histories of unwanted or abusive sexual experiences, and anyone who cares about them. Some of the organization's resources include:
- A 24/7 online helpline where men and the people who care about them can chat one-on-one with a trained advocate.
- Free and confidential weekly online support groups.
- A wealth of useful information on topics related to male sexual abuse and assault, including answers to common questions.
- Trauma-informed trainings and webinars for service providers and organizations around the world.
- The Bristlecone Project, a collection of portraits, videos, and written narratives of male survivors of sexual abuse and assault.