Take action on April 6th
The first Tuesday of every April is the SAAM Day of Action. The Day of Action is an opportunity to start off the month with highly visible and coordinated actions. Plan an event, schedule SAAM-related social media content, participate in the #30DaysofSAAM, or find your own way to get involved on April 6th.
Wear Teal on the Day of Action
Chances are someone in your life is a survivor of sexual harassment, assault, or abuse, even if they have never shared their story with you. Show your support for survivors of sexual harassment and abuse by wearing teal — the color of sexual violence prevention — on April 6th and post a selfie to Twitter or Instagram using #SAAM2021. By wearing teal, you're signaling that you support survivors, and are a safe person to talk to if they need to reach out.
More Ways to Get Involved
- Host a SAAM Event: Choose an event to host or create your own.
- Attend a SAAM Event: Find an event to attend — most events are virtual and you can join from anywhere!
- Spread the word on social media: Check out social media guidance, graphics, and gifs to help make your voice heard.
- Change your Zoom background: Choose from two teal ribbon backgrounds to show your support.
- Participate in the #30DaysofSAAM on Instagram: The prompt for 4/6 is, "Wear teal, the color of sexual violence prevention, and share your selfie or create a photo collage with your friends, co-workers, teammates, etc."