Organize a SAAM 101 Virtual Scavenger Hunt
This online event helps attendees uncover the facts about online sexual harassment and abuse. The event host will lead attendees on a virtual scavenger hunt for information hidden throughout the SAAM webpage.
Create Your Event
Creating your event is easy! Simply decide on your event details and complete this registration page. Once your event is approved, it will appear in the searchable national SAAM event list where folks from your area can find it. Event hosts will also receive an event URL they can use to promote the event and communicate with attendees.
Event Instructions for Hosts
Below are directions for hosting this event. After you create an event, more detailed instructions and tips, including scavenger hunt questions and answers, will be emailed to you.
SAAM 101 Virtual Scavenger Hunt
Estimated Time: 20-30 minutes
Step 1: Explain how the activity will work.
- The moderator will give a question to attendees.
- Attendees search for the answer using www.nsvrc.org/saam and its related pages.
- Once an attendee finds a response, they can let the group know.
- The goal is to be the first attendee/group to find and report out the correct answer.
Step 2: The moderator gives the attendees the first question. If the group is over a virtual video platform (i.e. Zoom or Google Hangouts), you can put the question in the chat box.
Step 3: When the question gets answered correctly, discuss the answer with the group, and then give the next question.
If you are dividing attendees into breakout rooms, set a time limit and have additional moderators monitor each room to provide questions and to note the time their group completes the scavenger hunt. Then bring everyone back into the main room to discuss the answers.
Step 4: After completion of the virtual scavenger hunt, ask questions to debrief the group on the activity. Questions can include (but are not limited to):
- Did any of those answers surprise you?
- Do you feel more informed about ways we can build safe online spaces? What questions do you still have?
- What are you taking away from this activity?
Step 5: Thank attendees for participating. Provide links to follow-up resources.