The first Tuesday of every April is the SAAM Day of Action. The Day of Action is an opportunity to start off the month with highly visible and coordinated actions. It’s the perfect opportunity to plan an event, post SAAM-related social media content, or participate in the #30DaysofSAAM Instagram challenge. You can also find your own way to get involved on April 5th.
Wear Teal on the Day of Action
Chances are someone in your life is a survivor of sexual harassment, assault, or abuse, even if they have never shared their story with you. Show your support for survivors of sexual harassment and abuse by wearing teal — the color of sexual violence prevention — on April 5th and post a selfie to Twitter or Instagram using #SAAM2022. By wearing teal, you are signaling that you support survivors and are a safe person to talk to if they need to reach out. Sign up for the SAAM Day of Action.
More Ways to Get Involved
- Host a SAAM Event: Choose an event to host or create your own.
- Attend a SAAM Event: Find an event to attend — many events are virtual and you can join from anywhere!
- Spread the word on social media: Check out social media guidance, graphics, and gifs to help make your voice heard.
- Change your Zoom background: Choose from two teal ribbon backgrounds to show your support.
- Participate in the #30DaysofSAAM on Instagram: The prompt for April 5th is, "Wear teal, the color of sexual violence prevention, and share your selfie or create a photo collage with your friends, co-workers, teammates, etc."
- Donate to your local rape crisis center or an organization that provide services to survivors in your area. You can also consider supporting NSVRC’s work to create safer communities and help survivors.