The LA VIDA Partnership program with Community Health and Social Service Center (CHASS) works to eradicate domestic violence and sexual assault in Southwest Detroit and Southeast Michigan.
- Community building and awareness building
- Training of agency-based service providers and clergy
- Screening and referral of families in crisis
- Confidential and non-judgmental support
- Support groups and other interventions targeting Southwest Detroit and Latinx community
- Short term counseling for women, court advocacy, and translation for monolingual Spanish speakers
- School-based prevention activities
- Holistic legal referrals for survivors of domestic violence or sexual assault
- Personal Protection Order services
- Youth services, including counseling for direct victims of dating violence and sexual assault provided at local schools
The Community Health and Social Services (CHASS) Center, Inc., is a community-based, not for profit organization formed to develop, promote, and provide comprehensive, accessible and affordable quality primary health care and support services to all residents of the community, with special emphasis on the underserved African-American and Latino population. CHASS is committed to the overall well-being of the community.