Learn how a Communications team at a national nonprofit operates by interning at the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC).
The Communications team focuses on external communications for NSVRC including; email and social media marketing, online and physical content creation (including publications, blogs, resources, share graphics, infographics, etc.), and general messaging around sexual assault, harassment, and abuse.
The Communications intern’s main role will be to assist with day-to-day content review and creation. The intern will also play a key role in the development of the national Sexual Assault Awareness Month campaign (www.nsvrc.org/saam).
- Have sophomore standing or higher
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Work in our Harrisburg office
- Have reliable transportation
- Possess a strong interest in social justice and public health issues
- Communications, English, Writing, Women’s Studies, Marketing, or related majors
- Assist with social media pages including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr
- Monitor current events on sexual assault, harassment, and abuse
- Assist with various tasks related to the Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) campaign
- Assist staff with day-to-day tasks as appropriate
Hours: 12 - 15 hours/week Salary: Unpaid
The National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) is the leading nonprofit in providing information and tools to prevent and respond to sexual violence. NSVRC translates research and trends into best practices that help individuals, communities and service providers achieve real and lasting change. The center also works with the media to promote informed reporting. Every April, NSVRC leads Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM), a campaign to educate and engage the public in addressing this widespread issue.
How to Apply
If you’re a skilled writer with familiarity with social justice issues, please email your resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.