MUA is one of the few programs founded on the concept that immigrant women themselves are uniquely equipped to find solutions to the problems that most directly affect their lives. MUA’s direct service program is rooted in this philosophy by ensuring that the services we offer –
- individual and group counseling
- support groups
- referrals and accompaniment to other community resources,
- domestic violence and sexual assault intervention
- workforce development programs
– are offered and implemented by Latina immigrant women. MUA draws on the strengths of our community members to serve as peer mentors, group facilitators, community educators, and counselors.