This past August, we were delighted to once again host the annual Rape Prevention & Education (RPE) Leadership Training for RPE Grantees and their coalition partners. The meeting was held in Washington, DC prior to the National Sexual Assault Conference. Building on the success of last year’s meeting, we offered a series of Ignite Talks– 6 minute presentations delivered by engaging presenters and designed to spark (or ignite) the interest of audience members. The presentations were followed by roundtable discussions led by the Ignite Talk presenters.
This year’s presentations included many dynamic topics and presenters, including:
- Ready, Set, Listen: How Community Readiness Can Help Us Develop More Effective Prevention Programming Liz Zadnik, New Jersey Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- It Takes a Village…for Successful Prevention Partnerships! Cynthia Cabot & Al Silverio, Guam Coalition Against Sexual Assault & Family Violence and Guam Department of Public Health & Social Services
- Creating Change Beyond the Classroom Nubia Pena, Utah Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Cooking Up a Comprehensive State Primary Prevention Strategy Julie McFarlane, Oregon Public Health Division
- Texas Coming Together to Make Change Peggy Helton, Texas Primary Prevention Planning Committee
- Movement Building and the Prevention of Sexual Violence David Lee, California Coalition Against Sexual Assault/PreventConnect
Special thanks to our partners at CALCASA/PreventConnect who arranged the videotaping of the Ignite Talks so everyone can enjoy them and learn from them as much as we did!