Are you a graphic design student with a passion for social justice issues? The National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) is searching for an intern to join our team during the fall 2018 semester.
As a graphic design intern, you'll be a part of the movement to end sexual violence during a critical time for the issue. You'll gain valuable insights on how a national awareness month campaign comes together, and gain practical design experience.
- Have junior standing or higher
- Work in our Harrisburg office
- Have reliable transportation
- Possess a strong interest in social justice and public health issues
- Proficiency in using the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Create branded content for web, print, and social media – ensuring concepts work well with the organization’s overall brand look and feel
- Participate in the design and art direction of the National Sexual Assault Awareness Month campaign
- Work quickly and creatively to solve design problems in an effective way
- Assist staff with day-to-day tasks as appropriate
Hours: 12 - 15 hours/week Salary: Unpaid
The National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) is the leading nonprofit in providing information and tools to prevent and respond to sexual violence. NSVRC translates research and trends into best practices that help individuals, communities and service providers achieve real and lasting change. The center also works with the media to promote informed reporting. Every April, NSVRC leads Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM), a campaign to educate and engage the public in addressing this widespread issue.
Email resume, cover letter, and sample work to Emily Bigger at as a PDF. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.