Are you an excellent writer with a passion for social justice issues? The National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) is searching for an intern to join our Communications Team during the fall 2018 semester.
As a Communications Intern, you'll be a part of the movement to end sexual violence during a critical time for the issue. Your main task will be assisting with the development of the Sexual Assault Awareness Month campaign (www.nsvrc.org/saam). You'll gain valuable insights on how a national awareness month campaign comes together, develop a portfolio by writing blogs and other website content, and sharpen your social media marketing skills.
- Have sophomore standing or higher
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Work in our Harrisburg office
- Have reliable transportation
- Possess a strong interest in social justice and public health issues
- Communications, English, Writing, Women’s Studies, Marketing, or related majors
- Manage social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr
- Contribute to blog posts
- Monitor news in the field
- Assist with various tasks related to the Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) campaign
- Edit and review campaign materials such as fact sheets, share graphics, and guides
- Communicate with state coalitions to coordinate our national awards program
- Assist staff with day-to-day tasks as appropriate
Hours: 12 - 15 hours/week Salary: Unpaid
The National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) is the leading nonprofit in providing information and tools to prevent and respond to sexual violence. NSVRC translates research and trends into best practices that help individuals, communities and service providers achieve real and lasting change. The center also works with the media to promote informed reporting. Every April, NSVRC leads Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM), a campaign to educate and engage the public in addressing this widespread issue.
Email resume and cover letter to Susan Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF or Word document. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.