This article provides facts and figures on violence against women to illustrate the devastating toll on women’s lives, on their families, and on society as a whole. It provides a specific breakdown for each of the following:
- Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence
- Sexual Violence
- Harmful Traditional Practices
- Female Genital Mutilation (Fgm)
- Dowry Murder
- "Honor Killings"
- Early Marriage
- Trafficking In Women and Girls
- HIV/Aids and Violence
- Crimes against Women in Situations of Armed Conflict
- Violence against Women as a Human Rights Violation
This site is supported by Grant/ Cooperative Agreement No. 1UF2CE002359-01 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.