The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is currently seeking a Victim Assistance Coordinator to work in the Office for Child and Youth Protection. The coordinator will provide comprehensive assistance to both minors who are victims of sexual abuse and adult survivors of child sexual abuse by clergy and other representatives of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
· Provide support and assistance to victims of sexual abuse of clergy by:
· Conducting intake and assessments.Conducting intake and assessments.
· Responding to victim calls, walk-ins and emails in a timely and efficient manner.
· Providing comprehensive case management services, supportive counseling and assessment of needs in a proactive manner.
· Providing appropriate social service referrals
· Providing information on available services through the victim assistance program.
· Collaborating with victim service and other agencies as needed.
· Provide crisis intervention services to victims and parish communities.
· Maintain client privacy.
· Maintain electronic and hardcopy client records.
· Assist with the Safe Environment program as needed.
· Attend/Participate in available trainings provided both in-service and through outside resources.
· Make recommendations to the Director regarding policies, procedures, and practice to enhance all aspects of services to victims of sexual abuse within the Archdiocese.
· Bachelor’s degree required in Social Work, Criminal Justice, or related field and a minimum of three years’ experience working in direct services.
· Knowledge and experience providing victim assistance and working with victims of crime and trauma.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are critical.
· Working knowledge of and comfort with Catholic faith and parish life required.
We offer a competitive salary in a supportive work environment. For consideration, please forward cover letter and resume with salary requirements indicating Job Code: ML-VAC to Archdiocese of Philadelphia, 222 N. 17th Street, Mezzanine Level, Philadelphia, PA 19103, Fax: 215-587-3572, or email .