The Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for marketing and communications strategy and execution for the National Latin@ Network for Healthy Families and Communities (NLN). The position plans, initiates and manages communications and marketing activities with specific attention on expanding the reach and impact of the NLN.
1. Enhance organizational depth and reach by promoting the NLN.
• Develop and implement a marketing communications plan.
• Utilize comprehensive strategies; e.g., PSA’s, radio ads, and social media content to reach broad audiences.
• Develop, implement and manage marketing communications performance measurements.
• Coordinate content of NLN website and edit blog.
• Create communications and media materials, archive, and directory.
• Design new materials produced by the NLN.
• Support and manage as requested creative talent/ consultants working on various elements of branding, design, etc .
• Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that marketing and communications efforts are reflective of and consistent with programmatic priorities.
2. Expand the reach and impact of the National Latin@ Network for Healthy Families and Communities.
• Support the development and promotion of collaborative relationships with likeminded organizations.
• Manage the efforts of an outside agency and/or inside public relations/marketing/media team as requested.
• Support Directors to manage all media inquiries.
• Conduct market research to gain insight on how to effectively reach target audiences.
• Maintain an up-to-date media list of key reporters and bloggers.
• Write and disseminate news releases when requested.
• Identify and manage opportunities to increase sales of products and introduce them to new audiences.
3. Implement general NLN priorities
• Support the management of consultants and contractors as requested by the Directors.
• Provide thoughtful ideas to help achieve the broad goals of the NLN.