The investigation and prosecution of sexual assault is often one of the most intense, extensive, and critical undertakings of the criminal justice system. Right From the Start inspires to provide valuable information from a spectrum of professionals to enhance understanding of victims, offenders, medical evidence, and use of DNA in the investigation and prosecution of sexual assault.
Goals and Objectives
Attendees will learn:
• The victim’s experience of the system and tools to make the
system less traumatic and more effective;
• To understand the behaviors, patterns, and manipulations of
sexual offenders and how to interview more effectively;
• The importance of the sexual assault exam and how to identify
and document findings for best legal results;
• The CODIS system of DNA identification and how to make it
work for your agency;
• Prosecution strategies and issues, to facilitate building the case
for a successful prosecution.
Brought to you by:
Johns Hopkins School of Nursing and
Valliere & Counseling Associates, Inc.