Location: UMHC, CED Skills Lab (1E-28) Time: 8:00-17:00 (Registration begins at 7:45) Dates: Fridays for 5 weeks beginning 16 Jan 2009
(1/16, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, and 2/13)
(UMHC RNs contact Brenda Jensen at 573-882-6005 for course fee) Topics:
• Perpetrator Stereotypes
• Evidence Collection/CSI
• Victim Advocacy
• Cultural Competence
• Sexual Assault Prosecution
(Schedule/Content will be given at the beginning of the class each day) Benefits/Objectives: • Meets one of three prerequisites to take the SANE-A or SANE-P certification exam
• Gain knowledge from various sources and peers to improve SANE practice
• Qualifies for 40.0 CEU hours from MONA
• Volunteer to join UMHC’s on-call SANE team
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
• Mobilize a multidisciplinary team to meet the needs of the sexual assault victim: SANE, advocacy, & police.
• Complete a sexual assault exam.
• Document sexual assault injuries in digital format.
• Complete a domestic violence screening and activate
advocacy response team.
• Discuss the diversity/cultural issues in victims of
sexual assault Registration:
Pre-registration is required. Space is limited to ensure an
optimal student/instructor ratio.
The registration form and $350.00 course fee is due
by January 2, 2009.
All registrants must be a registered nurse prior to enrollment.