Come to Boston on June 25th and 26th, 2011, for two days of Radical Feminist education, organizing and networking. Women and men from all over the world will be exploring classic and contemporary radical feminism as well as developing local and international strategies for building organizations of resistance. We will have presentations, workshops, and discussions on:
• Globalization and the exploitation of women’s labor
• Fighting the global sex industry
• Theoretical and activist splits in contemporary feminism
• International strategies for radical feminist organizing
• Movement building through social media
• Radical feminist critiques of third wave feminism, postmodernism, and queer theory
Presenters include Gail Dines, Sheila Jeffreys, Lierre Keith, Saba Malik and more. Special guest appearances include feminist activists from Norway and other countries to talk about their extraordinary successes in fighting the sex industry.
From June 27-30th there will be an optional media literacy institute and Stop Porn Culture training.