Underserved Survivor Advocacy and Outreach Project Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Crisis Services, Crisis Program
Salary Range: $28,000 - $31,500 (plus health and life with 401(k) after year one with 3% match)
General Summary of Duties: To provide crisis intervention support, referral, personal and legal advocacy, and outreach to victims of sexual violence with focus on underserved populations and train service providers on working with survivors from underserved communities.
- Provides crisis intervention to survivors of sexual assault and abuse through the crisis line and hospital accompaniment;
- Assists survivors with follow up, personal and legal advocacy, and crisis intervention across the four county service area;
- Provides outreach and information to underserved communities, including individuals with disabilities, LGBTQ, Latinos/as, the elderly, males, and the incarcerated, about sexual assault and abuse and the services available at STSM;
- Represents STSM with numerous organizations serving sexual assault survivors and/or underserved communities;
- Creates and facilitates trainings for social workers, advocates, medical personnel, law enforcement, and prosecutors on working with survivors from underserved communities;
- Creates and facilitates culturally competent in-service training for STSM staff on working with underserved populations;
- Prepares monthly reports, quarterly reports, and annual progress reports;
- Ensures grant objectives are met and documented;
- Completes other duties as assigned.
*Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands prides itself on a highly-efficient team environment. We value open communication, support, autonomy, and development for staff, volunteers, and clients, leading to the realization of full individual potential and a cooperative spirit. Resumes accepted until position is filled. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and references to Melanie Snipes, Director of Crisis Services. No phone calls please.