Safety Net Technical Assistance & Training Specialist
The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) seeks a highly motivated and high performing Technical
Assistance & Training Specialist to work with the Safety Net Technology Project. This is a great opportunity for a
committed team player to work in a dynamic, fast ‐paced environment. NNEDV provides training, technical
assistance, and support to state domestic violence coalitions; local domestic violence, sexual violence and stalking
programs; members of the civil and criminal justice systems; and other stakeholders including policy makers and
technology companies. The Safety Net Project also educates victims of domestic and sexual violence and their
advocates on how to use technology strategically to help escape violence and find safety. The position is based in
Washington, D.C., and will require regular travel, up to 50% of the time.
- Provide national, state, and local trainings on the safe use of technology to local, state, and national
advocates, law enforcement, and other allied organizations.
- Write and create materials including training curriculum, handouts, and multimedia projects.
- Facilitate trainings and workgroups on data security, high‐tech stalking, and victim confidentiality.
- Assist in policy development and systems change issues.
- Research emerging technology, technology policy, and victim safety issues.
- Provide assistance to state coalitions, local programs, and others via phone, email, and site visits.
- Assist with other organizational‐wide activities and events as needed.
- Manage project grants and deliverables, including assisting with logistics for events and compiling grant