Public Policy Coordinator
New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence
Friday, August 16, 2013
Job Objective: Responsible for assisting the Public Policy Director in legislative activities and implementing the Coalition’s public policy plan.
- Provide administrative support to the Public Policy Director.
- Assist the Public Policy Director in providing technical assistance to Coalition member programs on public policy and legislative issues.
- Provide regular and timely updates to Board, member programs and NHCADSV staff on legislative and public policy issues.
- Prepare and distribute regular legislative updates and reports.
- Monitor and assist with the organizing of legislative hearings and committees as necessary with a focus on family law and economic justice issues.
- Supervise Legislative Interns.
- Assist the Public Policy Director with other activities as directed.
Preferred Skills: Professionalism and ability to communicate with diverse audiences. Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal and networking abilities. Strong computer skills including a familiarity with Constant Contact. Attention to detail. Knowledge of domestic and sexual violence advocacy and the New Hampshire legislative process. Physical and psychological demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: • Must be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks (such as: phone calls, computer work, traveling frequently between meetings at the Coalition Office and the State House Complex) under stressful situations and able to consistently function well in a fast paced environment. • Must be available to work evenings and weekends as requested. • Must be capable of using a visual display terminal with keyboard, repetitively use his/her wrist, elbow and shoulder. • Must be able to talk and hear. • This position is located in Concord, NH.
Contact or More Information:
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to email@example.com or mail to NHCADSV, P.O. Box 353, Concord, NH 03302 no later than Friday, August 16th.
said on 04/12/2011
said on 04/12/2011
said on 04/11/2011
posted on 11/25/2013
posted on 11/19/2013