Online Media Coordinator
constituent feedback facilitation) and some availability for statewide and national travel.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Website Management and Development:
Manage and develop CALCASA’s websites, including calcasa.org, preventconnect.org, learn.preventconnect.org, wiki.preventconnect.org and other online properties. Design responsibilities include deployment and customization of themes and plugins, coding in HTML and CSS, and basic web server management functions. Experience with Moodle, MediaWiki, or wikispaces.com also beneficial.
Product Design and Implementation:
Provide project management and product production for identified multimedia projects. Must work collaboratively with lead project staff to identify the most appropriate technological platform to communicate elements of developed content. The Online Media Coordinator will research, design and produce content for CALCASA websites, podcasts, flash presentations, web conferences, blogs, microblogs, eLearning courses, and other technology driven modes of communication that enhance the delivery of information and products to our members and targeted populations. Content creation will include post-production services such as editing, mastering and publication of electronic media. The Online Media Coordinator will work with lead project staff to assess the effectiveness of communication efforts.
The Online Media Coordinator will provide technical support and assist in the agency's overall technology development strategy by staying abreast of new trends in technology including providing advice and communicating and coordinating with departments on web site issues and initiatives and provide recommendations for web site / training architecture, overall approach, and new digital solutions.
Works closely with the Director of Prevention in the strategic development of the program. Contributes to the professional tone, brand of the organization, and approach of the project and the organization within the perimeters of the agency mission and philosophy. Group facilitation/focus group skills, including facilitating client and multi-functional interdepartmental team meetings. Ability to evaluate effectiveness of products and services and the effectiveness of project consultants. Prioritizes projects and schedules them accordingly. Other duties as assigned.
1. Command of HTML, CSS, PHP, and other technologies for the purpose of website development on the WordPress platform.
2. Ability to administer and maintain multiple websites using WordPress.
3. Extensive knowledge of computer systems used for graphic design, including but not limited to Adobe InDesgn, Adobe PageMaker, Illustrator, and Photoshop and layout techniques.
4. Familiarity with Google Analytics and other traffic analysis systems.
5. Ability to record and produce visual, audio, and video media (photo graphics, podcasts, online video, etc.) using commonly available software.
6. Familiarity with, and/or capacity to learn, online learning technology and platforms (i.e. Moodle) and ability to construct and edit courses, as well as track and evaluate usage.
1. Demonstrated experience or education in relevant field (management information systems, information technology, graphic design, etc.).
2. Knowledge of multimedia application software, operation of multimedia equipment and peripheral devices.
3. Demonstrated experience with interactive digital technologies and a familiarity with a variety of web concepts, practices and procedures (including, but not limited to, a familiarity with HTML).
4. Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of project managers.
5. Experience conducting research utilizing a wide range of sources including printed material, internet, and identification of alternative information sources.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience delivering oral presentations to diverse professionals and audiences, including workshops and presentations.
7. Excellent technical writing and research skills.
8. Ability to recognize and identify information of value to rape crisis centers, campuses and other programs. Ability to synthesize information to ensure usefulness to rape crisis centers.
9. Must be organized, flexible, and multi-task oriented. Able to identify and respond to shifting priorities. A self-starter that can work within a team environment and handle a variety of tasks with urgent deadlines. Must be detail oriented.
10. Ability to maintain cooperative and professional demeanor with rape crisis center staff, agency staff/board, vendors, consultants, allied professionals, and members of the public. Enjoyment in interacting with people and creating an accessible environment. Excellent customer relations approach.
11. Capacity to work in a fast-paced program and manage multi-faceted services.
12. Well-rounded, creative type with a talent for communicating online.
13. Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse populations and organizations. Experienced in developing programs in response to diverse needs.
14. Accept and abide by mission and philosophy of CALCASA.
15. Willingness to complete a California rape crisis center sexual assault victim counselor training, if not already completed.
16. Availability to travel extensively statewide/nationwide, some overnights and weekends. Have a car, insurance and a valid driver’s license.
CALCASA makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. All employment actions are based solely on an individual’s qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, cancer-related medical condition, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, ancestry citizenship, or marital status.
CALCASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The starting salary range for this position is $40,950 - $44,747 with full benefits.
Position open until filled, Email resume, cover letter, salary history and three references as a single PDF. In addition provide three (3) samples of work that demonstrates proficiency related to the essential job duties described.