Intervention and Best Care Program Manager
The New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault (the Alliance) strives to prevent sexual violence and reduce the harm it causes through education, research and advocacy. It is the only city-wide organization that represents the needs of survivors of sexual assault and the programs that serve them
We are currently seeking an experienced, dedicated and creative professional in the field of sexual assault to assume the duties of the Intervention and Best Care Program Manager. The Program Manager is responsible for development and implementation of all training activities of the Alliance's Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Training Institute (SAFETI). SAFETI trains medical professionals in the provision of acute care and the collection of forensic evidence. It provides multiple courses for medical professions as well as training for other social service professions in sexual assault and response to such disclosures. In addition, the Intervention and Best Care Program Manager provides technical assistance on evidence informed, best acute care practices citywide. As part of the Multi-Disciplinary Task Forces on Sexual Assault, the Program Manager advocates for adoption of best intervention practices by the various responders to sexual assault. The Program Manager is knowledgeable in certification protocols and policies that result in the provision of quality intervention in sexual assault.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Staffing and leading the direction of the Training Institute
- Outreach to stakeholders about training needs
- Developing and executing new training programs
- Acting as a facilitator/trainer
- Coordinating on-site or off-site meetings, trainings and conferences
- Managing grant contracts associated with the above listed programs, including developing and executing work plans, budget development, and reporting
- Assisting with managerial functions of the Alliance
- Supervising interns
- Participating in various citywide coalitions and task forces
- Supporting the Policy Advocacy work of the Alliance
- Working with the Executive Director and the Director of Development and Communications to develop new programs and funding opportunities
- Collaborating with the Prevention Department of the Alliance.