The Executive Director will guide a statewide organization that is a leader in the movement to end violence against women. The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is the umbrella organization for a network of 14 independent member programs. Those programs provide direct services and prevention and education programs, and are supported by the Coalition’s central office that provides funding, training, technical assistance, public policy advocacy and forums for resource sharing and networking.
1. Advance the collective vision and strategy of the Coalition
The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence has been a leader in the movement to end violence against women for the past 35 years. The next Executive Director will be able to provide the leadership needed to strategically support the mission and goals of the Coalition along with laying the foundation for the next decade of its work. They will:
- Oversee the development and implementation of a broad-based strategic plan;
- Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors to provide vision and direction for the organization;
- Clearly communicate the vision and strategy to others.
2. Manage the organization toward accomplishment of the vision and mission
The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is a membership organization. The member programs have a vested interest and are the benefactors of much of the work of the Coalition. The Coalition also acts as the primary funder for the member programs. These two realities create highly complex relationships and the staff is key to managing these relationships. The next Executive Director will:
- Provide supervision and support to staff management;
- Lead staff team effectively, especially through times of change;
- Conduct performance assessments in a manner that supports achievement of the organizational mission and goals.
3. Provide entrepreneurial and sound fiscal leadership
The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is funded through federal grants, foundations, state contracts and donations. Given that federal grant funding has trended downward over the course of the past five years, and that there is no indication that this trend will reverse in the coming years, the next Executive Director will:
- Work with staff, board and member programs, to develop strategies to increase and diversify the Coalition’s revenue;
- Oversee all fiscal systems to ensure financial soundness and compliance;
- Lead long-term fiscal planning;
- Plan for communications needs around new sources of funding.
4. Act as chief communications leader and strategist
The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence strives to change public policy to improve the lives of survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Additionally, the New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence seeks to inform the public and stakeholders about issues related to domestic and sexual violence. The next Executive Director will:
- Act as content expert, supporting policy staff and working directly with state and national policymakers;
- Act as chief media contact for the Coalition;
- Set the tone and lead expectations in internal and external communications;
- Act as primary representative with external stakeholders;
- Working with staff team, build marketing and communications systems for the organization.
5. Strive for and promote best practices in all programs.
The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is a “pass through” coalition. It acts as the intermediary between federal and state funding sources and its member programs, and as a function of this, member programs performance is monitored by the Coalition. The next Executive Director will:
- Monitor the quality and effectiveness of all programs and work with staff and member organizations to develop strategies for improvement;
- Develop relationships and collaborations with local, state and national partners to ensure access to current best practices in the field;
- Work with member organizations to incorporate direct service best practices in New Hampshire;
- Identify best practices being developed in New Hampshire and promote them in the state and in national networks.