Main Function: The mission of the Advocacy Center is to prevent and reduce domestic and sexual abuse through supportive services and education in our community. The Executive Director is responsible for giving direction and leadership toward the achievement of the mission, vision and financial objectives of the agency and the implementation of policies set by the Board of Directors.
Primary Responsibilities: The Executive Director is responsible for:
- Securing stable agency funding through grant writing, fundraising and other development strategies. Preparation of annual budget, writing and administering of annual federal, state and local grants. Ensuring the effective implementation of the agency development function as set out in the strategic plan. Ensuring compliance with budget and funding mandates.
- Planning and developing agency programs and activities, ensuring that the agency has the capacity to provide the services outlined in the mission statement, maintaining a working knowledge of relevant laws and significant developments in the field, keeping the Board of Directors fully informed on the condition of the agency and all important factors influencing it.
- Supervising and supporting an effective management team, managing the human resources of the agency including recruitment, hiring, staffing and supervision, promoting an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork and inclusion.
- Supporting the operations and administration of the Board of Directors, participating on Board committees, serving as liaison between the Board and the staff.
- Working to ensure widespread community knowledge of the Advocacy Center and its work and being a vocal spokesperson in the community for the Advocacy Center, attending community functions involving other agencies and funding sources, being the face of the agency in the local and extended community.