Safe Haven of Pike County
Seeking an Executive Director
Milford, Pa 18328
Safe Haven of Pike County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and is Pike County’s sole resource for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and other serious crimes. Through services such as counseling, emergency shelter, safety planning, legal advocacy, medical advocacy and more, the agency directly serves more than 400 victims of domestic violence and 300 victims of sexual assault and other crimes each year. Additionally, Safe Haven hosts community trainings, education prevention, outreach, correctional facility programs, school-based programs, and coordinates the Pike County Task Force on Interpersonal Violence.
Safe Haven is seeking an Executive Director who will be the primary person responsible for the day to day agency management of Safe Haven of Pike County, Inc. The Executive Director will be responsible for all programs, services and functions of the agency. The duties of the Executive Director will also include but are not limited to staff/agency management, grant writing, program planning and implementation, financial management, media and communications and will be directly accountable to the Board of Directors.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of the Board of Directors, oversee, train, motivate, supervise, and evaluate all staff of the agency.
- Assign special projects and delegate other responsibilities to both staff and volunteers.
- Under the supervision and mandates of the Board of Directors, facilitate Agency policies and insure compliance therewith.
Grant Writing/Financial Responsibilities
- Work with Board of Directors to assure adequate financial support for the agency.
- Seek, write and process grant proposals.
- Contact and build relationships with major local, state and national donors, including individuals/families, businesses, foundations, corporations and state and local governments in conjunction with the Board of Directors and Fundraising Coordinator.
Community Event Planning/Execution Involvement:
- Work with Board of Directors to plan and implement events directed at the local Pike County audience in order to raise awareness of Safe Haven and its work within the community.
- Assign appropriate individuals in the organization to work on various events from small awareness events to larger fundraisers.
Program Planning and Implementation
- Work with staff, board members and other volunteers, and community members to analyze trends, project community service needs, and plan for the Agency’s response to those needs.
- Work with staff to assess and execute all Agency programs, schedules and services.
- Prepare, monitor and revise as necessary annual budget projection in conjunction with the Board of Directors and the Finance Committee.
- Manage grant funding.
- Oversee all payroll and accounting functions.
- Supervise bookkeeper.
- Provide regular reports, support and information to the Board of Directors.
- Maintain regular contact with all committees of the Board.
- Inform and involve the Board of Directors in all Agency activities
- Under the supervision and mandates of the Board of Directors, facilitate agency policies and insure compliance therewith.
Media and Community Relations
- Serve as the primary media and community outreach contact for the Agency.
- In partnership with the Board of Directors, develop relationships with local media outlets including print, on line and radio/TV.
- Actively encourage support for accomplishing the Agency’s mission, vision, goals and values.
- Maintain the visibility of the Agency by partnering with diverse community groups.
- Serve as Agency’s primary contact/representative with all state coalitions and other funding agencies such as United Way.
- Maintain nonprofit standards.
- Manage Agency operations and facilities.
- Maintain the physical appearance of the offices to provide an inviting and professional appearance.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in the Human Services or related field i.e. Psychology, C.S.W., or Counseling preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services or related field with proven administration background will be considered.
- Completion of Safe Haven’s Volunteer/Advocate training within six months of hire, or appropriate documentation of completion of its equivalent at another agency, as approved by Safe Haven’s coalition funders, as well as the PDAA Victim Services Foundational Academy, or documentation of its completion;
- Three to Five Years administrative experience.
- Non-profit management and supervision.
- Strong organizational and professional management skills.
- Strong public speaking, writing, and presentation skills.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org