LAFASA seeks a visionary leader with an informed passion for ending sexual violence and a clear record of accomplishment and successful leadership. The CEO is responsible for the strategic leadership of operations, coalition coordination, public policy, grant management oversight, communication and fundraising for LAFASA. The CEO must create opportunities, produce results and understand the needs of member organizations. She/he will build upon the extraordinary past of LAFASA and will guide the organization toward a future in which it can achieve its greatest potential. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual positioned to grow an influential state coalition dedicated to ending sexual violence, skilled at engaging diverse members of the community for large scale projects like state primary prevention plans and federal statewide implementation plans in partnership with state government. This individual will also be skilled at grantwriting and program development and implementation. The CEO will possess the ability to develop and implement bold initiatives that work to ensure the well-being, prosperity, and advancement of all survivors, in alignment with state and federal initiatives, and responding to the needs of the member programs and victims in Louisiana.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
(1) Advocacy. Effectively advocates on behalf of the movement for survivors, member centers and strategic allies. Educates policymakers, media and the public about the dynamics of sexual violence, barriers faced by survivors and system changes needed to end sexual violence.
- Clear understanding of the individual and social dynamics of sexual assault
- Strong commitment to the field of sexual violence
- Demonstrates an understanding of diversity and have the ability to work with diverse groups.
(2) Public Policy. Strengthens and enhances LAFASA’s leadership role by creating high-level, bipartisan relationships with multiple impacted administrative agencies and pertinent members of the legislature. Works closely with the LAFASA public policy committee and policy staff to develop goals reflecting the needs of survivors, the member agencies and the broader community. Builds strategic alliances with allied organizations and supports the coalition in mobilizing LAFASA’s membership as necessary to achieve policy goals.
- Clear understanding of legislative process
- Demonstrates effective administrative policy advocacy for constituents and survivors
- Ability to successfully navigate and balance competing interests and varying priorities withinpartnerships in a highly political environment.
(3) Leadership and Communication.Continues to build LAFASA’s reputation as the leader in the movement to end sexual violence in Louisiana, the voice of the SACs, the experts in the issues and needs of survivors, member programs, and allied agencies/professionals. Effectively communicates with member programs and allied organizations, interfaces with executive agencies and members of state Legislature and Congress, and uses media effectively to achieve the goals and missions of the organization. Protects and strengthens LAFASA’s brand by deepening and refining all aspects of communications, from web presence to external relations.
- Three years of leadership/management experience.
- Experienced and inspiring public speaker and media spokesperson.
- Strong, open and direct style of verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Communicates promptly and effectively with multiple stakeholders and within differentcultures.
- Strong commitment to marketing and public relations in support of LAFASA’s goals.
(4) Management.Oversees all programs, services, activities, finances, strategic plans and personnel decisions to ensure program objectives are met. Works closely with staff to develop, implement and evaluate organizational structure. Provides sound fiscal management and complex grants administration. Develops materials and timely regular reports for the Board of Directors, oversees the preparation of the annual budget for board approval and works closely with the Board Chair to enhance the participation of board members through strategic leveraging of member strengths.
- Experience in management/leadership role.
- Demonstrates an ability to motivate staff and foster leadership and professional development among diverse staff members.
- Experience managing multiple government grants, including demonstrated success at setting strategy, maintaining fiscal controls, completing deliverables and improving overall performance and accountability.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to the problems that arise when working with a statewide geographically distant Board of Directors.
(5) Development.Oversees the expansion and diversification of financial support from individuals, foundations, corporations and the public sector. Develops, implements and evaluates development plans to include major donors, annual giving, planned giving and investments for the organization. Seeks additional opportunities for government grants, foundation grants and corporate initiatives. Maintains relationships with public and private sector funders and identifies and builds relationships with potential funders.
- Fundraising experience including donor cultivation, implementing planned giving campaigns and soliciting major gifts from individuals and organizations.
- Experience raising unrestricted funds for programs/projects that do not provide direct services for individuals.
- Experience writing multi-year, large scale public health grants in partnership with state and federal funders.
- Understands how to effectively balance the needs of funders with the needs and capacity of the organization.
- Experience building a reserve/endowment fund.
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills. Benefits package includes medical reimbursement, life and disability insurance, vacation, sick leave and retirement program.
- Must be computer literate, proficient with Microsoft products, presentation development programs, and the use of a fundraising database.
- Exceptional presentation/public speaking skills and creative energy essential.
- Must demonstrate effective leadership skills appropriate to a customer-driven organization.
- Must be well-organized and an effective time manager with the ability to shift gears between projects and areas of work smoothly.
- Must demonstrate innovative and creative thought processes – exceptional “out of the box thinking” capabilities.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to manage and analyze data.
- Must have experience in grant writing and grant management skills, preferably federal grant experience.
- LAFASA is an equal opportunity employer.
- More information about LAFASA is available at www.LAFASA.org.