Bilingual Therapist (English/Spanish)
The purpose of the Bilingual Therapist is to provide therapy and advocacy services to survivors of sexual assault and abuse with a particular emphasis on Latino/Latina communities. This includes the delivery of services in Spanish. This position also conducts community outreach to educate the community about the issue of sexual assault and to enhance utilization of The Blue Bench’s services by Latino/Latina clientele which includes building and maintaining networks with other organizations that serve this population.
• Provide individual and group therapy services to victims of sexual assault/abuse in English and Spanish.
• Offer client assessment and crisis intervention services.
• Provide psychological assessment and evaluation for The Blue Bench’s clients as needed.
• Participate in weekly clinical supervision & group supervision.
• Co-facilitate secondary survivor workshops
• Provide counseling consultation for The Blue Bench’s programs including after-hours on-call pager rotation when needed.
• Conduct and/or oversee phone screenings and in-person intakes.
• Provide back-up hotline/Linea de Crisis shifts when needed.
• Maintain all client records according to clinical, ethical and legal standards.
• Maintain outcome measures and client termination information.
• Maintain client data base, statistical information, and other paperwork as requested.
• Supervise master’s level intern(s).
• Meet with intern(s) regularly, provide training and clinical supervision.
• Assist in hotline & intern trainings.
• Present on The Blue Bench’s services and issues of sexual assault to staff and other collaborative agencies.
• Provide information about The Blue Bench’s services via presentations and psycho-educational groups.
• Attend meetings with outside organizations to help build relationships and bridge gap in services.
• Build relationships with under-represented populations in the community and facilitate access to The Blue Bench services.
• Collaborate with other mental health professionals.
Participation as The Blue Bench Staff Member
• Attend staff meetings and other organization events and activities.
• Attend client services staff meetings.
• Assist in other tasks as needed.
• Deliver canvass briefings as appropriate or requested.
• Represent The Blue Bench services and partnerships in the community.
• Participate as a team member with a strong commitment to The Blue Bench's mission.