MySpace: 90,000 sex offenders removed from site
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — MySpace says about 90,000 sex offenders have been identified and removed from its huge social networking website.
North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper said Tuesday the new figure is nearly double what MySpace officials originally announced last year.
Cooper and Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal have led efforts to make social networking websites safer. MySpace executives sent the updated numbers to Blumenthal's office Tuesday.
Last year, the attorneys general got MySpace and rival Facebook to implement dozens of safeguards. That included limits on older users' ability to search the profiles of members under 18.
(To read original article, visit this USA Today link)