Faith Community Forum
Clergy, youth ministers, congregational leaders, religious education teachers, and all interested adults who care about the health and well-being of children are encouraged to attend this forum on child abuse prevention presented by SARA, Foothills Child Advocacy Center, and The Shelter for Help in Emergency.
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse including prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse.
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults.
- How the community is collaborating to identify and help children exposed to domestic violence.
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse.
- The signs of sexual abuse or exposure to domestic violence so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly.
- New skills for adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Ideas for integrating abuse prevention into your existing educational programs
Share with your congregation:
- Policies to keep children safe
- Community resources
- Additional training opportunities from the sponsor organizations
- Prevention and intervention skills