Title IX and Sexual Assault: Exploring New Paradigms for Prevention and Response
The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights invites participants to register for the upcoming conference, Title IX and Sexual Assault: Exploring New Paradigms for Prevention and Response. This will be an opportunity for institutions of higher education to discuss prevention, best practices, and Title IX compliance. Topics covered will include:
- Colleges' rights and responsibilities under Title IX
- Elements of a prompt and equitable response to allegations of sexual assault and violence
- Current research and statistics about sexual assaults on college campuses
- Coordinating effective investigations of sexual assault cases
- Best Practices: campus education and prevention programs in relation to sexual assault
- Programs for changing campus climate
A varied array of campus staff are encouraged to attend, including Title IX coordinators and general counsel, campus security and local law enforcement personnel, health and counseling professionals, faculty, student life administrators, coaches, and representatives from judicial affairs.
The conference is free of charge, but space is limited. Early registration is strongly encouraged.