MaleSurvivor Weekend of Recovery
The Weekends of Recovery program is divided into two levels: Level I Weekends are open to all male survivors ages eighteen and older, regardless of where they are in their recovery process. Advanced Weekends are open only to alumni of MaleSurvivor Level I Weekends.
Goals of the Level I Weekend of Recovery
1. To provide an opportunity to experience a safe environment in which participants can discover they are no longer alone in their recovery
2. To provide an opportunity to co-create and experience safety with other survivors as they explore further aspects of their healing journey
3. To provide an opportunity where survivors can share their inner pain, strength and hope with others who have been abused
4. To provide an opportunity for survivors to give a voice to their experiences as a survivor
5. To provide a safe way for participants to share the story of their abuse with others who will understand and offer support
6. To provide a safe place for participants to experiment with letting go, opening up and being vulnerable, and practice asking for the support they need
7. To provide an opportunity for participants to explore safe ways of going beyond their comfort zones, and to find ways to get beyond their blocks to move beyond their abuse to experience a greater sense of freedom in their minds, bodies, and spirits and
8. To provide a safe place where participants can experience a sense of community, brotherhood and joy.
More information is available online.