2010 NEDA Conference
Something very special happens when families, people in recovery, and professionals meet together to learn at our conference. Every year, participants say they’re filled with new energy, insight and knowledge. Translation? They’re better able to care for themselves, their loved ones and their patients. This year’s conference, with a focus on Recovery, will be no exception! Register online now. Discounted rates if you register before July 31, 2010!
Get ready to be inspired by the most sought after experts from around the globe!
- Keynote speaker: Naomi Wolf, “Creating a Culture for Recovery that Defies
- Beauty Myths”
- Family Panel, moderated by Ovidio Bermudez, MD “Rebuilding Relationships”
- Plenary session: Janet Treasure, PhD, FRCP, FRCPsych, MD “Carers: Cultivating Hope for Recovery”
- Plenary session: Walter Kaye, MD and Kate Tchanturia, PhD, DClinPsych “Brain,
- Mind and Family: New Science, New Treatment, New Hope”
Design your own conference experience! Choose from nearly thirty sessions in five wideranging tracks.
- Family Basic – Designed for those affected by eating disorders, whether new to the illness or not. Discover basic information for helping a loved one, student, friend, or yourself.
- Co-morbid Conditions – This track will focus on treatment for common co-occurring medical and psychiatric conditions seen in individuals with eating disorders.
- Special Issues – Open to everyone seeking to be updated on diverse special interest topics.
- Treatment – Specially designed for those treating eating disorders and family members who want to learn from experts in the field.
- Education and Outreach – Original and empirically supported approaches to eating disorders prevention, education, activism and outreach in school and community settings.