Where Technology Meets Confidentiality: Strengthening Agencies & Services
Covering a range of topics that impact victim safety and confidentiality, this conference will provide tools and best practices to enhance victim services programs and innovative partnerships. Attendees will learn and review best practices to effectively address critical technology and confidentiality issues.
Topics will include:
- emerging technology safety issues
- technology use within partnerships
- GPS monitoring of offenders
- safe and effective outreach to sexual assault victims
- sexting, social networking, and information online
- mandatory reporting laws
- confidentiality and VAWA 2005 obligations
- privacy and electronic health records
- data collection, data sharing, and data retention
For any victim service programs or innovative partnerships, such as coordinated community response teams, co-located services, sexual assault response teams (SARTs), or comprehensive victim service centers, who are working to address domestic violence, dating abuse, sexual assault, and stalking issues.