Interpreting for Social Justice Training
Are you a LGBTSTGNC Immigrant who's fluent in English and another language? Are you a LGBTSTGNC person of color who's fluent in English and another language and wants to support immigrant rights work? Interested in gaining interpretation skills AND learning about interpreting for social justice? One of our natural resources is that many of us are multilingual and have been interpreting for friends, family, neighbors and coworkers. The Interpreter Training Project seeks to provide opportunities for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two Spirit, Trans and Gender Non-Conforming immigrants of color who are already informal community interpreters to:
- gain greater skills in interpretation
- learning about language justice strategies
- better understand how to build more multilingual spaces
- share knowledge about health, social and community resources
- share resources on translating health, sexuality and gender issues.
What are the next steps?
- After filling out the application, we will call you for a follow-up conversation.
- If you wish to participate in the program, but do not need a stipend please note this on your application. While stipends are limited there will be space for some non-stipend participants.