DNA Collection and Utilization in Sexual Assault Cases: The Role of the First Responder
This training is designed for first responders and victims service providers who may be responsible and interested in seeing that DNA evidence is located, collected and used effectively in sexual assault cases. Using interactive class activities, simulations and case studies, this training will help participants gain knowledge and develop skills needed to identify, collect, analyze and use DNA evidence professionally. Participants will:
- Identify merits for a collaborative Sexual Assault Resource Services Team (SART) response.
- Acquire first hand information that will help demystify DNA.
- Acquire skills to identify, collect and preserve DNA.
- Discuss legal issues related to DNA and sexual assault cases.
- Develop action steps they will take on return their organizations.