The Ultimate Trainer
This course is designed for victim service providers and allied professionals who develop and deliver training but do not have a formal background or extensive experience in adult education or instructional design. This interactive training helps participants build the knowledge and practical skills they need to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate quality-training programs. During the training, participants will apply new concepts and skills by developing a lesson plan for a training for their agency. In this training, participants will:
- Learn the basic principles of adult learning.
- Explore a range of training techniques and activities that meet the needs of those with different learning styles.
- Prepare a lesson plan for a one-day training course that includes goals, objectives, a content outline, and an outline of activities.
- Hone presentation skills by learning how to organize lectures and apply five principles of effective communication.
- Examine ways to facilitate training, create a positive learning environment, and ensure productive group activities.