2013 Annual S.A.F.E.R. SANE Training
04/15/2013 - 8:00am to 04/19/2013 - 5:00pm
Jasper County Hospital
- Confirmation letters will be sent prior to the course dates.
- Sessions run daily from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with some evening offerings, breaks will be provided.
- Registration and pre-test begin promptly at 7:00 am on Monday April 15, 2013.
- Lunch will be on your own, refreshments will be provided for afternoon breaks.
- When making travel arrangements, please be aware that classes will adjourn no earlier than 4:00 pm on Friday April 19, 2013 due to scheduled testing.
Registration and FeesOnline registration begins January 3, 2013
- For registration forms please go to www.jchh.com, Jasper County Hospital web site. Under Community tab scroll down and click on S.A.F.E.R. You will be directed to pages with information, printable registration form, and fax number/address for it to be sent to.
- Registration deadline March 15, 2013.
- Full payment must be sent at the time of registration unless prior arrangements are made with conference coordinator (Cheryl Querry RN, SANE-A, 219-866-2024).
- Make checks payable to S.A.F.E.R.
- Tuition for medical personnel is $550.00 for a 5-day course. Attendance at all training days and completion of the clinical component is mandatory for successful completion of course and certification.
- Tuition for non-medical participants (advocates, prosecutors, law enforcement, etc) is $250.00 for the 5-day course or any days attended.
- Tuition for SANE’s who are coming for the two day refresher course is $250.00. Please attach a copy of your original course certificate with the registration.
- Registration must be filled out completely; incomplete registrations will not be accepted.
- Class size is limited so please register early. Class may fill prior to registration deadline. Registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Training registrations may be transferred to another person without penalty for this training; however it cannot be transferred to another date. Registration coordinator must be notified.
- Please make your own lodging arrangements. The telephone number for the hotel with special pricing of $75/day is listed above; you will need to use that number. Please mention that you will be attending the S.A.F.E.R. training to get the reduced rate.
- Course materials will be provided to registered attendees on the first day.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse must be in good standing. License number is required with registration. For more information please call 219-866-2024 or 219-866-2073, fax 219-866-9896
Post Course Requirements
- For RN’s, there are post training clinical requirements that are to be completed in your communities. There will be ample time allotted for completion of these requirements.
Clinical requirements include the following:
- 40 hours minimum of post didactic clinical time, including
- 15 speculum examinations
- observation of felony criminal trial
- observing with Law Enforcement in their role
- consultation with advocacy regarding their role
- observation/assistance with 3 sexual assault examinations
- consultation with prosecutor regarding their role
said on 04/12/2011
said on 04/12/2011
said on 04/11/2011
posted on 11/25/2013
posted on 11/19/2013