Using Evidence-based Registries for Program Selection - Realities for Bullying Prevention
Program implementers often utilize national registries of evidence-based programs to assess the efficacy of available program options and use guidance from these sites to gauge the appropriateness of alternative programs. In this Webinar, using bullying prevention programming as an example of this process, experts in the field will provide participants:
- Information on what comprises “evidence,” particularly in the context of national evidence-based registries.
- Guidance on how to effectively use evidence-based program directories while accounting for unique school/organization/community needs and realities.
- Examples of why some evidence-based programs may not be a good fit with particular settings.
- Details on why it is important to continually assess program implementation efforts.
- Information on the review process currently underway for the federal evidence based program registries.
Presenters for the session will be:
- Brian Bumbarger, Director at Penn State's Evidence-Based Prevention and Intervention Support Center (EPISCenter),
- Nancy Vaniman, Project Manager of Choose Peace Stop Violence at United Way of Broward County, and
- Amy Staubs, Policy Advisor, Office of the Assistant Attorney General, Office of Justice Programs.